The 6 essentials to pack for EVERY Europe trip
Whether you go for a few days, weeks, or months, here are the six essentials you should pack for EVERY Europe trip!
1. An outlet converter. Make sure that all of your electronic gadgets can handle the higher number of Watts from European outlets.
2. Cash. Credit cards are not as common in some parts Europe yet. In a lot of countries (Germany, Eastern Europe, Spain,…), you pay cash, especially for food and especially in smaller towns. Either order it at the bank in your home country before or take it out of an ATM in your prospective country.
In Scandinavia, however, you can pay almost anything via credit card.
3. Inform yourself about the cheapest option for cell phone usage: Ask your carrier at home how much it would cost for you to use it abroad, but also search for carriers in your prospective country to see if there’s a cheaper option (such as a prepaid card). If you travel for months at a time, your US carrier can put your contract on hold in exchange for a small fee (+/- $10 per month).
4. Clothes according to the weather in your prospective country.
5. A small dictionary.
6. Comfortable shoes! Despite taking lots of public transportation because it’s easier and faster most of the time, you will walk a lot.
Join our newsletter!
Be the first to get the latest updates, right to your inbox.
Europe / Sweden / Uncategorized
14 things that will happen if you join a Midsommar celebration in SwedenBy Jennifer Schlueter
Czech Republic / Europe / Food / What (not) to eat around the world
Eat your way through Prague with @EatingPragueBy Jennifer Schlueter
Float Center Interviews / Germany / Traveling Floater
Interview with Float Point in PotsdamBy Jennifer Schlueter
Europe / Germany / North America / Personal Stories & Opinions / USA
What it’s like to be a German (international student) in the USBy Jennifer Schlueter
Europe / France / Uncategorized
Is Colmar in France worth a visit?By Jennifer Schlueter
Europe / Turkey
3 Magical Days in Istanbul (With Quick Tips for Travelers)By Jennifer Schlueter
Europe / Norway
Everything you need to know before hiking to TrolltungaBy Jennifer Schlueter
Europe / Germany
A day in Marburg – one of Germany’s most picturesque citiesBy Jennifer Schlueter
Europe / Norway
Bergen has dope street art!By Jennifer Schlueter
Africa / Around the World / Europe / Tanzania / Uncategorized
10 travel bloggers share their worst culture shock experiencesBy Jennifer Schlueter